Saturday, February 12, 2011

Village Market: A Charming Corner Store in San Francisco, CA

I first discovered this corner store cum coffee shop in October 2010 as I waited for my daughter who was taking an exam at a school nearby. After last Sunday's half-marathon race near the Golden Gate Park, I came back with a friend. The store's location is on 8th Ave. and California, in the Richmond neighborhood in the city of San Francisco. It is about 3 blocks away from another small but lovely neighborhood park, the Mountain Lake Park, a section of the Presidio.
Storefront of Village Market: Window reflects the houses across California St.



Perfect spot to sit as you drink your cup of coffee, in my case an Americano with steamed soy milk

I love the bold colors and simple furniture!



The store uses salvaged architectural pieces like this fountain to hold merchandise.

This appears to be a planter but repurposed as a bin for scented bath soaps sold at the store.

Coffee bar









Village Market 
4555 California St., 
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 221-0445

No comments:

Post a Comment