Friday, November 12, 2010

Another stop on our New England Tour: Exeter, New Hampshire!

Every town's got to have a Main Street (with a capital "M"), here it is in Exeter, New Hampshire...
Main Street, Exeter, NH
We had a soup and panini lunch at a cozy bakery cum cafe called "Me and Ollie" that's located on a street corner that has a view of the Main Street (pictured above). The cafe sells delicious pastries (we bought the granola and oats cookie and raspberry pie to-go). The cafe is family-friendly with a kids' corner and set of lounging chairs.
I love those photographs that you can now have enlarged to put on walls as artwork! I wish to have one done to put in my house.
Maddie and I took a walk, not only on the main road but on alleys and corners that most visitors would not normally take (unless they are lost!). I think this gives a visitor a different and interesting view of a place.
My inspiration here is Alfred Hitchcock's voyeuristic approach! Coming out from the narrow alley and peeking into the main street, I got a shot of a sidewalk activity (woman walking her dog) with a backdrop of the old buildings.
I took picture of Maddie walking out of the alley, a shot I've seen a lot in many fashion catalogues.

No comments:

Post a Comment